Thursday, April 15, 2010

Made a Major Change To Electric Bill

Switched over to the "EZ-3 Plan" for my electric bill.  This gives me only 3 hours per day ( 3-6 PM) with "On Peak" charges (the most expensive hours ).  Since we usually get home around 4:30-5:30, this puts us home for a very short time during highest cost times.
On the plan I switched FROM, the On Peak hours were 5-9 AM and 5-9 PM for On Peak, and the rest Off Peak for November thru April.  The On Peak hours the rest of the year were 1-8 PM.
So now I have only 3 hours On Peak versus 8 or 7 hours.  And instead of being home in the afternoons mostly on the On Peak hours, we have at most 1.5 hours of On Peak when we are home in the afternoons.
I can't switch back for 12 months, so here's hoping this WILL actually save me a little money.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment